Friday, April 3, 2009

Glass Half-Full/Belly Laugh

I am feeling grouchy right now because I am tired and sleep-deprived. We spent the morning queuing up at the hospital for the nanny’s menorrhagia. With a friend’s help, we were able to accomplish everything in half the time. It’s AUB r/o PCOD. I feel relieved and will wait for her ultrasound scheduled on April 21.

Time to concentrate on the positive…

The afternoon we spent in UE for Kuya’s reevaluation with his developmental pedia. Turns out this is his last! Yehey! He has finally graduated from his speech therapy. Hubby and I are very happy. It’s not just the money that’s saved. Personally, I could not believe how we have finally come to this place. It seems like only yesterday when I sat in the doctor’s office, crying in disbelief after being told that my son has autism. It felt like my hopes and dreams for him all crashed down on me. What's worse: I had to take the bad news all by myself because hubby was out of the country on a business trip. Fast forward to today. After two years of innumerable therapy sessions, doctor visits and, not to mention, hundreds of thousands of pesos’ worth of fees and taxi cab fare… we finally made it. Our little Kuya is no different from his classmates, one of the “normal” kids in school. He talks a lot, is very inquisitive and curious, and has learned to answer ‘why’ questions and relay events. Praised be God for making all of this possible!

Overheard: As the Little One reached out for her newly-opened Yakult, she said to her nanny – “Yatult o. ‘To mo?” (Yakult, o. Gusto mo?). And when she saw that it was frozen, she said, “Hindi soup o”, which probably meant that it wasn’t liquid.

Ate has changed a lot. We now see less of her tantrums and often catch her sitting quietly, reading a book or playing with her dolls or her small kitchen. She proudly told me that she was cleaning her kitchen as she wiped it with her, uh, wipes. When I asked if she wanted to clean our kitchen, she asked, “the big kitchen?” while raising her arms out wide. I said yes. She said, “Um, no.” Haha.

Hubby is busy, busy, busy this week. Badminton late nights 4 days a week, up to past midnight mostly. Meetings – PTA, conference calls, etc. Boss’ surprise birthday party. When he comes home I am either too sleepy to talk or so engrossed in my book (or facebook). At least we had a little bonding time while he watched Judy Ann’s ‘Esperanza’ on Cinema One last night, with who else but Wowie de Guzman and Spencer what’s-his-name on the side. Saya. (Cringe).

Have to go.

Addendum (8 hours later):

It feels great to have a belly laugh! One that brings tears to my eyes. I do not get these things often, maybe once in 4 to 6 weeks? (uh-oh, not good). Anyway, the kids and I chanced upon this show ‘Wipeout’ which is pretty much like Takeshi Castle but funnier because of the very witty narration minus the guilt of having to laugh at fellow Asians (read: Japanese).

Now I feel relaxed and have managed to totally forget about my exam for an hour. Simply put – I feel happier! ‘Yo, awesome, dude!’ as the Little One would say it (I overheard her saying this to herself as she was going up the stairs. Kids watched Finding Nemo today).

No comments: