Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dear Facebook

Dear Facebook,

Can you believe it? We haven’t been in touch for 15 hours straight! Sadly, we really won’t be in touch for the next 4 days as we are now in my hometown where the breeze is cool, and everything is quiet and peaceful and my mother has no internet access. Yet.

I’m having withdrawal symptoms and think about you several times a day. This can’t be normal. This is so not normal.

I miss looking at you on the screen and catching up on all the nonsense hoolabaloo that my friends are putting in their status updates. Can’t help but miss all the useless comments that I put on my friends’ nonsense status updates and their silly quiz outcomes and their carefully chosen photos.

I miss snooping in other people’s lives. My friends’ lives.

Most of all I miss chatting with friends.

Hang in there, my friend. I’ll be seeing you again in a few days. In the meantime, I am bent on enjoying time with my loved ones (real people… face-to-face… can you believe that?), swimming, eating good food, taking in the beautiful scenery, and settling for life as in real life. What a bummer :p

Missing you,
Kay

No comments: