Friday, August 7, 2009

Now, it has a name...

So. It looks like it’s Varicella Zoster Oticus. Finally, this ‘condition’ has a name. It’s been getting worse and it relieves me to know that there’s hope for it to resolve. But it worries me that I might not be well enough in time for the exam (just 9 days to go!).

I have been turning in my bed; couldn’t get to sleep. The ringing in my ear; the fullness; the dull, aching pain; and, the sharp pain on the pinna. Plus on and off hyposthesia on the left half of my face. Just resting my left ear on the pillow really hurts, too. Kahit nga rustle lang of air from the electric fan. Grabe.

The pain though provides some comfort because it keeps me from thinking too much. I simply can’t think.

After three hours of tossing and turning, I’ve decided… enough of this! I am going to take charge of the situation. So I got up, got myself some Becky’s brownies and a glass of water and started packing, just in case Dra. decides it’s better for me to receive the anti-viral intravenously. No use adding extra burden on the people here at home. For sure, with the yayas not coming back until Saturday, they will have their hands full.

I thank God for my mom who’s coming over early this morning to help us out with the kids. And for her driver who always makes himself available to Mommy - kahit last-minute. Of course, my Tita… seems like she has to spend her birthday with us and the three kulits. And hubby. Dear, dear hubby. Despite the demands and stress of his work, he always supports me and comforts me in every way possible.

No comments: