Saturday, June 6, 2009

Endure (for when I am weary or feel like giving up)

I have been feeling pretty bad about myself these past couple of days. The feeling is very much different from how I felt when I sat down more than a week ago and wrote out my ‘plan of action’ (a.k.a. timetable) for the remaining seventy-something days of my review. Back then I was all fired up and raring to go. I knew and felt I could do it.

I underestimated the time it will take for me to accomplish some tasks and assigned readings. Because of this, I lag behind my schedule. I am supposed to be have been done with the other book the other day and now on 2nd day of major textbook, round 2. Last night, I stayed up late until half past two this morning, but had to lie down and succumb to fatigue and eye strain. I felt so tired, my neck hurt, and more importantly, my heart was weighed down with discouragement. I remember lying down, thinking to myself, that I have not been keeping my prayer time… maybe that’s why, despite hubby’s unremitting support, I feel so low and discouraged.

Today, as always, God came to my rescue to comfort me through His Word.

Let us put everything out of our lives that keeps us from doing what we should.
Let us keep running in the race that God has planned for us.
Let us keep looking to Jesus.
Our faith comes from Him and He is the One Who makes it perfect.
- Hebrews 12: 1b, 2a

And then this was what in today’s bible reflection form Our Daily Journey:

Endure comes from the Greek word hupomeno. Hupo translates “to bear up under a
weight or a burden”. Meno means “to continue or remain”. = to continue to bear
up under the weight of difficulties. It paints a picture of staying the course
in complete submission, and obedience to Jesus.


Lord, help me to become a good soldier. Teach me to endure. Send forth Your grace… help me remember that this is my mission for now and that I do this, first and foremost, for You.

Take your share of suffering as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
- 2 Timothy 2: 3

No comments: