Friday, July 10, 2009

Enlightenment

I feel great, not to mention, grateful after I have made my entry for the day in my gratitude journal. Which is good ‘cause if not, what’s the point, right? It’s remarkable how very much different I am feeling right now compared to the past three days. The glaring difference is that I was able to accomplish today what has been sitting on my to-do list for the longest time.

I bought the ‘good’ coffee (as Ina Garten would say) that I have been planning to splurge on for the longest time. Got myself prepaid internet cards. Went to the library and sat there reading for 5 hours or so instead of moping around the house as I have done early this week. Gave Mommy a call just to say hi, tried to catch up on each other and let her know I thought of her. Best of all, I finally mustered the courage and energy to hand in the draft of my research paper to my consultant. I have been working my butt off, albeit on and off, on that project for more than a year - sweat, blood, and tears - but never got around to finishing off what I started. Finally, a few days ago I got the huge push that I needed: a deadline. Next week. So I thank the Lord I caught my boss in time. Now I just have to wait for her feedback (hmmm… bite nails, pull hair) with the least anxiety possible. After that, some revisions, a re-check, submission to the society and section, and voila! Paper done! Yipeee!

Anyway, this kind of enlightenment (the kind I got today about the futility of procrastination, among others) has been coming at me countless times for years. Perhaps now, I should grow up, truly learn from the experience and CHANGE FOR THE BETTER. Which reminds me of this song that has been going on in my head for the past twenty-four hours: “I’m gonna make a changefor once in my life. It’s gonna feel real good. I’m gonna make a difference, gonna make it right”. Sigh. Rest in peace, Michael Jackson. Say hi to Daddy for me. Don’t forget to give him a moonwalk, okay. I just know he’d be thrilled (pun intended)!

By the way, the Brazilian coffee I bought is great! (Sip, sip).

I love my life. I love my family. I love myself.

I better start saying this to myself every single day.

No comments: