Friday, May 22, 2009

On American Idol, favorite vegetable, and St. Paul

I am so behind everybody. This morning, the finale of American Idol was on TV live. Didn’t bother to wake up and tune in that early… not that into it.

Now I watch the episode before the finale (a replay, onviously) and I am dying to know who wins. I am totally for Kris… just cannot take Adam’s screaming… it drives me crazy. His screaming + the jackhammer drilling on at our next door neighbor’s = this headache and muscle tension I feel around my nape! Glad I have one more Myonal tablet in my purse.

OVERHEARD:
I was making some chit-chat with the two girls, trying to make up for my being distracted and wrapped up in my review. I asked Kat what her favorite vegetable was. Answer: “Hmmm, sibuyas!”. LOL.

Yesterday, was the first time after quite a while that I actually knelt down, kept quiet and prayed to God. The peace that comes from bonding with Him is priceless and I am truly grateful that He is always, always available to me even if I do not often make myself available to Him.

I have been reading Scripture… short bits and pieces… everyday for the past month or so. God’s Word never ceases to amaze me. I am so sick of hearing the word ‘amazing’ as it has been overused and über-abused, but right now I cannot find any other word that would most aptly describe how I feel about it. His Word rings true and I feel honored and privileged to be able to read it and ponder it. I especially love King David’s Psalms and the books written by St. Paul. When he (St. Paul) speaks, I feel like he knows how I feel and he knows where I’m coming from. I feel his empathy. God has been blessing me with this insatiable appetite for His Word and I am really thankful.

No comments: