Tuesday, May 5, 2009

One high school batchmate was speaker today at our convention.
My case reports did not make it to the poster presentation (“did not qualify”).

Before these two things happened, I was happy and felt good myself and about the things I have and have accomplished for the past two decades.
Now, all of a sudden, a shadow of doubt looms over my head.

Lord, I know that Your blessings for me and my family abound! I am definitely getting more than I deserve and I am grateful. I hope for a good life for me and my family but frankly, my dreams are simple and revolve around having a good, fulfilling private practice that would allow us to live comfortably and yet afford us enough time to get together, relax, and simply live our lives with each other.

My dreams do not include grand plans of achieving fame or success as head of… or chairman of…, not even professor of so-and-so. I keep thinking that life is short and I definitely do not want to get trapped in a daily schedule so hectic that I do not have time to enjoy what truly matters. I have seen far too many examples of this – consultants earning so much and yet not having the time for a decent lunch break, or successful doctors who get referrals from all over the country because they’re one of the best and yet don’t get enough rest and sleep and barely have time for a quiet dinner with the family.

Am I dreaming the right dreams for myself? Or am I short-changing myself?

LORD, please help me to dream the right dreams. Lead the way and help me to achieve them. Amen.

No comments: