Friday, February 27, 2009

As the deer

Psalm 42:1-8

As the deer desires rivers of water, so my soul desires You, O God.
Why are you sad, o my soul? Why have you become troubled within me? Hope in God, for I will praise Him again for His help of being near me.

It is but human to feel sad and worried sometimes.
I, in particular, am prone to falling into short (two days to a week) periods of being weepy and feeling depressed. This is especially true in the days before my monthly period comes… people in our household can sense it as I turn into this melancholy, self-pitying girl who cries at the slightest annoyance OR into this ill-tempered monster who is ready to bite your head off with the tiniest provocation. Sigh. Surely, I am not proud of it. I am working on it. There is no promise to totally change into a saint overnight but I try to make the “attacks” farther and farther in between.

I put my hope in God for His help is near me… as in, andyan lang sa tabi-tabi, pag kailangan ko S’ya.

No comments: