Wednesday, February 25, 2009

On Suffering

Psalm 9: 1-14

9The Lord also keeps safe those who suffer. He is a safe place in times of trouble.
10Those who know Your name will put their trust in You. For You, O Lord, have never left alone those who look for You.

Lord, I get anxious and frightened whenever I see words such as “suffer” and “trouble” in the readings. Satan puts silly thoughts in my head… things like – “If you get too close to God, be ready because He’s going to test You to see how far You can go. Be ready to suffer or else don’t get too close”. Lord God, help me! Please banish these evil thoughts. I know that You are my Father and Savior. You love me more than anyone can ever do. Teach me to be not afraid. Help me put my trust in You. Help me to love You more. You never leave alone those who put their trust in You. Amen.


Psalm 9:1-12

6Remember, the man who plants only a few seeds will not have much grain to gather. The man who plants many seeds will have much grain to gather.

Off to work/study I go.

No comments: