Thursday, January 7, 2010

My New Year's Resolutions

1. Exercise
- Stretch, yoga, walk, run! I am not getting any younger. I need to take better care of my body and my health, not only for my sake, but for the sake of my children.

2. More time with the kids
- More face-to-face time, not just over the phone when I’m away. or glancing over my shoulder as I busily type on my computer. Not just homework time. More fun times.

3. Patience
- Control temper. Hold my tongue. Keep my eyeballs from rolling.

4. Less whining
- I will refuse to complain about things that cannot be helped (as most things are). I will learn to actively find solutions to problems. I will pray more about my concerns.

5. Prayer and Scripture time
- Religiously. Every day.

6. Devotion to my spiritual masters
- Attend novena to St. Jude more regularly. Read and learn more about Saint Paul and Saint Therese of Lisieux

7. Time for interests
– Allot more time for things that I find enjoyable - crafts, reading, blogging/writing, guitar. And spend less time on the internet.

8. Generosity
- To be more generous with my time, talent, and treasure (especially to my mother, my sister, the whole family, and people in need).

9. Be proactive
- Become (more) proactive with regards to my practice/career. In the vernacular : “magsipag-sipag; hindi puro hiya”

10. Be a better wife and daughter.
- Be more loving, more tolerant, more appreciative, more grateful, and less talkative.

11. Sleep early, rise early.
- I am not a morning person by nature. Now that my schedule is more flexible, I have to take extra effort to rise early as the benefits are countless.

12. Study.
- Spend more time to actively read, learn, update myself and further my knowledge. For my sake and for the sake of my patients (and students). “It is not enough to do your best; you must first know what to do, and then do your best” – W. Edwards Deming

Most important of all: Smile. Thou shalt not stress.

“Let us strive to improve ourselves, for we cannot remain stationary; one either progresses or retrogrades.” – Mme. Du Deffand

No comments: