Thursday, January 7, 2010

Indecision

You know what exhausts me the most? It’s not loads of work. It’s not traffic jams. It is INDECISION. Nothing can be more draining than mulling over a choice, especially if it entails choosing between good and good.

In my experience, it doesn’t have to be as life-changing as choosing one’s place of practice. Even mundane things such as which blouse to wear, or choosing whether I should go ahead with my errands today or tomorrow, never fail to zap me of my energy.

The thing becomes doubly hard when indecision is coupled with procrastination. Then it becomes much more of a burden. And guilt inevitably follows. And after I finally get to decide what to do, which to pick, or just to go ahead, jump in, and do whatever it is that needs to be done… the feeling of relief is so immense that I end up smacking myself on the forehead and saying, “So, it’s not that hard after all… silly me!”

No comments: