Monday, November 3, 2008

A work in progress, indeed

Today has been a good one. Finally, we were able to take the time to buy the kids new school bags. Kuya's (elder brother's) bag has become too small and is breaking apart. Ate's (elder sister) is also old and scratched and cannot manage to fit the toys she manages to sneak out of the house and into the schoolroom.
We spent the early afternoon taking a nap while Kuya & Ate watched Dora. Bunso (our youngest daughter) fell asleep on my legs. We then had some snacks - chips, cornicks, candied tamarind (very healthy, I might add) before we got dressed, heard Sunday mass, then rushed to the mall.
Bought the bags, rubber shoes for the Bunso, casual flats for Ate, some new school socks, and shirts for an upcoming family reunion where we all had to wear "christmas green" (don't ask why).
We then had spaghetti, pizza, & chicken. It was fun and for the first time, I realized, that the kids have begun to interact with each other. I mean really interact. They tease & bug each other, call each other names, hug, push, hit... they're growing up really fast. Indeed, the days are long but the years are short. (http://www.happiness-project.com/). But that's an entirely different blog.
The kids then had so much fun riding this teeny weeny carousel (while the nannies & I tried not to throw up our dinner). Hubby then bought me this plastic box (the long one that is meant to be kept under your bed) that I plan to use for storage of some of my notes/books so I can free up some of the clutter on my desk. The kids then had fun playing with balloons (freebies from a shoestore) and shrieking and running around the mall. Finally, we stopped for some donuts and headed for home.
When we got home, I was feeling pretty good about myself and what we've accomplished as I moved their school stuff from the old bags to the new ones when I realized that, to my horror, they have not finished their homework. So there we were... Hubby sitting at the dinner table with Kuya & Ate, cramming homework the night before the first day of school after a week-long semestral break. The kids got to sleep at 10:30. So much for being good parents.
Which made me realize that I should get myself to start this blog. I really am a work in progress.

No comments: